Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ask Dr. Man- Injection Holes

Dear Dr. Man, I’m 35 years old and have been getting fillers in my cheeks for a few years now. I’m quite happy with the results. Since I’ve had such good results there, I’m wondering if fillers can help correct the hollows under my eye. I have dark circles, because of my thin, translucent skin. It seems to be getting more obvious as I get older. I’ve heard some negative feedback on people who have used fillers for the under eye area. I do have good skin that heals well, but I don’t want to risk bruising such a prominent area on my face. Thanks in advance for your advice.

The area under your eyes is a somewhat risky area to inject, as it can be prone to bruising and lumps. I’m happy to hear that you have had such success with the injections in your cheeks; however, having success in other thicker areas does not necessarily mean you will not have problems around the eyes.

Every patient is different. In some cases, we need to use fillers if other procedures don’t work; however, there are risks, such as lumps and bruising. The use of hyaluronic acids can usually alleviate these lumps. I suggest you meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon that you trust. Discuss your various options for treatment and concerns you may have. Best of luck.

Email Questions and Comments


Dr. Man


Dr. Daniel Man is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has dedicated his life’s work to helping people look younger and improve their appearance through cosmetic surgery. He is a noted author, artist, inventor and educator. Dr. Man has been featured on major television networks, as well as national and local magazines and newspapers for his work as both a plastic surgeon and an artist. He has a successful private practice in Boca Raton, FL. For more information about Dr. Man, visit www.drman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment